April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month
To find ideas, order a free copy of 30 Ways to Raise Awareness: A Toolkit for the Community. The toolkit offers tips and tools to:
Spread the Word
- Hang a flyer or a poster in your workplace or office.
- Change your Facebook profile picture.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Send an awareness eCard.
Educate Yourself and Others
- Display free PDF educational materials at your local library.
- Offer to speak to local college or medical students about your life with Parkinson's disease.
- Add your 'Make a Difference' photo or video to PDF's online campaign.
- Watch PDF's PD ExpertBriefing with your support group.
Support the Cure
- Get your classmates involved in the PDF Champions Campus Challenge to compete for two grand prizes!
- Ask your company if they'll let employees dress casual for a $5 donation
- If you have a business, contact PDF to participate in "Tulips Bloom for PD" fundraising program.
- Double your difference. The Light of Day Foundation will match donations made to PDF in April for up to $100,000!
Order Promotional Tools
- Posters, web banners and buttons.
- Stickers and car magnets.
- Fight Parkinson's bracelets.
- Educational materials.