PDF is committed to using your funds efficiently to support our mission. To see how your funds are spent, visit our financial information page.
The Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF) staff is a dedicated team working to serve the Parkinson's community through research, education and advocacy programs.
Our open positions are listed below. If you have queries about employment opportunities, please direct your questions to email@example.com. Due to the volume of inquiries that we receive, you may not receive a response.
Vice President for Development.
Responsibilities and Principal Functions:
The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) is seeking a goal-oriented and self-motivated professional for the position of Manager, Development and Data Systems within its Development Department. The Manager, Development and Data Systems is responsible for oversight of donor relationship operations which include maintenance of the PDF database (Raiser’s Edge), constituent relationship strategy and gifts processing/acknowledgement. The Manager works closely with the direct mail vendor and other staff members to assess and predict donor/database needs. In addition, s/he creates and runs queries, lists and reports for revenue reporting, direct mail, prospect management, donor cultivation, and agency publications as well as other organizational mailings and requests.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and enforcing donor relations/database policies and procedures.
- Upgrading the database, including cleaning data through queries and global changes.
- Training staff and providing database assistance to end users.
- Overseeing database integrations (e.g., to the website).
- Writing acknowledgements, troubleshooting donor questions/complaints.
- Supervising two Donor Relations Coordinators.
- Coordinating operations (oversight of gift processing, oversight of third party vendor, Credit Card and Online processing and reconciliation).
- Handling systems management (including moves management system within The Raiser’s Edge, PDF Champions and event management in The Raiser’s Edge, grant alumni and grant reporting in The Raiser’s Edge, eblast list creation and segmentation, and maintenance of overall health of main data system).
- Coordinating PCI compliance, credit card processing reporting and reconciliation, and oversight of batch filling and management.
- Producing reports (financial, eblast, grant tracking) and data analysis.
- Managing Blackbaud NetCommunity, e.g., building and helping ot maintain donation, event and PDF Champions pages.
- Advising on strategies for list segmentation plans (for in-house appeals, recommendations to third party vendor for direct mail, and for eblast appeals).
- Assists all departments with database aspects of their work.
Skills and Qualifications:
The position requires a professional with an exceptional understanding of fundraising concepts and the maximum output of a donor database. This skilled professional will possess proficiency in all aspects of Raiser’s Edge with more than two years of experience in a medium sized non-profit organization ($5-$20 million) with one year as principal administrator.
The Manager, Development and Data Systems, will communicate effectively with colleagues and possess demonstrated experience working with vendors. A detail-oriented and proactive work ethic with ability to plan, prioritize and carry out a variety of projects is a must.
- BA/BS degree with experience/knowledge of all aspects of a comprehensive fundraising program.
- Project management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Knowledge and experience with relational database technology.
- Knowledge and experience of Crystal Reports and Microsoft SQL.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office Suite.
- Have the ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and data management skills.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, "Manager, Development and Data Systems" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior National Programs Coordinator
Responsibilities and Principal Functions
The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) is accepting applications for an internship within its National Programs department. The National Programs Intern will provide technical and administrative assistance to the organization’s network of more than 200 PDF Research Advocates, and will help PDF’s team to track and measure advocate events and activities.
PDF Research Advocates work under the umbrella of Parkinson's Advocates in Research (PAIR), a signature program of PDF which brings together the people who live with Parkinson's and the people who are developing new treatments.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and distributing resources and materials to PDF Research Advocates in support of their outreach and education activities.
- Managing and maintaining calendar of PDF Research Advocate outreach and education activities as well as the PDF conference and events calendar.
- Helping to identify resource and materials needs as well as topics of interest for continuing education of PDF Research Advocates.
- Collaborating with the National Programs team in the creation of newly-identified resource, materials and educational needs.
- Coordinating aspects of events and activities during Parkinson’s Awareness Month in April.
- Entering PDF Research Advocate activities into Raiser’s Edge database and assisting with the summarizing, analyzing and reporting of these activities.
- Working with the National Programs team on other projects as requested.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written, oral, organizational and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Should be dependable, flexible, resourceful and detail oriented.
- Creative and energetic personality and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, follow-through and meet deadlines effectively.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested parties may send a cover letter and current resume to David Blomquist, Senior National Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The Parkinson's Disease Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.