PDF is committed to using your funds efficiently to support our mission. To see how funds are spent, browse our financial information.
The Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF) staff is a dedicated team working to serve the Parkinson's community through research, education and advocacy programs.
Our open positions are listed below. If you have queries about employment opportunities, please direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of inquiries that we receive, you may not receive a response.
- Communications Intern
Director of Communications
Responsibilities and Principal Functions:
PDF is accepting resumes for a part-time paid internship position (15-20 hours per week) with its Communications team. The Communications Intern will assist with a wide variety of tasks related to PDF's strategic communications efforts, including education, marketing, media outreach and digital communications. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- performing outreach to members of the Parkinson's community nationwide;
- fact checking and proofreading educational publications and materials;
- coordinating mailings to constituents;
- posting events and news stories to www.pdf.org;
- drafting content for print and online materials;
- assisting with media clipping and tracking; and
- helping with other administrative tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Graduate students and senior year undergraduate students will be considered. Applicants should possess:
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- attention to detail;
- the ability to learn new technologies;
- the ability to function as a team player and meet deadlines;
- a proven interest in nonprofit work; and
- preferably an academic focus on communications and marketing, public health or a related field
This is a paid internship and the rate is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Interested parties may send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com. Applicants must be able to commit to the position for a period of three months to six months. In their cover letters, applicants should indicate their availability for interning from July to December 2015.
The Parkinson's Disease Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.