What are the "invisible symptoms" of PD? What causes PD symptoms to suddenly worsen? What is the optimal way in which to take PD medications? This 1-hour PD ExpertBriefing explores these questions and more – debunking myths and misconceptions about Parkinson’s and sharing some lesser known secrets about the disease and its treatment. Read more below about this event or register today online or by calling (800) 457-6676.
- Share secrets, some things you might not know about PD that can help your quality of life.
- Dispel myths, the pervasive but incorrect ideas you may have heard from others.
- Identify misconceptions, or partial truths, and find out whether they are based on facts.
- Promote better communication between people with PD/caregivers and their doctors.
- Empower people with Parkinson’s and caregivers to improve their quality of life.
Dr. Nirenberg received her undergraduate degree from Yale University, graduating magna cum laude with Distinction in English. She was awarded a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences and an M.D. from Weill Cornell Medical School. After medical school, Dr. Nirenberg completed a residency in Neurology at the University of California, San Francisco and then completed a three-year fellowship in Movement Disorders at the Columbia University Center for Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders.