Find Educational Forums
PDF's Research Advocates host a signature event, "PAIR Up for Parkinson's Research" each spring in collaboration with local organizations in their communities. Stay tuned as we update this page with information about 2014 events.
New York City: PAIR Up for Parkinson's Research
On April 21, 2012, PDF in collaboration with Beth Israel Medical Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and New York University Medical Center, collaborated on an educational forum recognizing the contributions of Parkinson’s clinical research participants.
Pre-Program Reception: 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM
Join us for refreshments and socialize with speakers and other guests.
Educational Forum: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
The Importance of Clinical Research Participation
Making a Difference: Results of Studies in the Area
What the Future Holds: New Studies and How You Can Play a Role
- Milton Biagioni, M.D., Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Center, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Claire Henchcliffe, M.D., D.Phil., Director, Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Institute, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Rachel Saunders-Pullman, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Professor, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Medical Center
- Winona Tse, M.D., Assistant Professor, Neurology, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- Cheryl Waters, M.D., F.R.C.P.C., Albert B. and Judith L. Glickman Professor, Division of Movement Disorders, Columbia University
Up Close and Personal: The Perspective of Research Participants
- A panel of people with Parkinson’s who have participated in clinical studies share their insights and perspectives.
Questions and Discussion
2012 Nationwide PAIR Up for Parkinson's Research Forums
Thursday, April 19
- PAIR Up for Parkinson's Research (Myrtle Beach, SC)
- PAIR Up for Parkinson's Research (Indianapolis, IN)
Friday, April 20
Saturday, April 21
- PAIR Up for Parkinson's Research (San Diego, CA)
- PAIR Up for Parkinson's Research (Bellevue, WA)
- PAIR Up for Parkinson's Research (Timonium, MD)
- PAIR Up for Parkinson's Research (New York, NY)
Thursday, April 26
Saturday, April 28
Sunday, April 29