The Team to End PD:
The Multiplier Effect
By empowering leaders who multiply our investment, PDF empowers the community to work together to solve, treat and end Parkinson's. Our investment to date includes:
- Fellowships for 150 movement disorder specialists who reach an estimated 12,000 patients every year
- Training for 180 nursing faculty who reach 11,000 nursing students every year
- Training for 260 Research Advocates who work with 400 professionals and have helped to enroll 1,200 people in clinical trials seeking better treatments and a cure
There are seven to 10 million people living with Parkinson's worldwide counting on the Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF) to end the disease. From the time of our creation in 1957, PDF has been committed to finding a cure, while ensuring that those who live with the disease can enjoy the best possible quality of life.
Our strategy for ending Parkinson’s is to build a team of leaders in research, health care and the patient community, and then mobilize them to work toward the cure together. In 2014, under the guidance of our Board of Directors, Scientific Advisory Board and People with Parkinson’s Advisory Council, PDF undertook a year-long strategic planning process that lays out our work in these areas.
- Investing in Research Leaders
- Investing in Health Care Leaders
- Investing in Patient Leaders
- Mobilizing Collaboration Toward a Cure
Each day, PDF's promise to the community is to do everything in our power to accelerate new treatments and end Parkinson’s. Until the day comes when PDF closes its doors for good, they are open to the community.
We invite people touched by Parkinson's disease to take advantage of our free educational materials, webinars and toll-free HelpLine to find answers, support and resources to help you take charge of PD. Join our team. Get involved as a patient advocate, apply for research funding or take our professional courses.
Hallmarks of PDF’s Work
- The perspective of people with Parkinson’s that is central to our efforts;
- A commitment to maximizing the impact of our programs;
- The integrity of our fiscal and fiduciary standards and practices;
- The transparency and accountability of our operations;
- A spirit of teamwork that ensures that we collaborate and coordinate with other organizations — both to get the job done and to minimize the duplication of services.