Thank you to those who joined the Parkinson’s Foundation at its 60th Anniversary Gala at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx, NY, on May 31. More than 250 guests helped us to raise $485,000 for Parkinson’s research.
Master of Ceremonies: Willie Geist, Host of NBC’s “Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist,” Co-host of NBC News’ “Today” and Co-host of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”
Chief Executive Officer: John L. Lehr.
Gala Chairs: Margo and John Catsimatidis.
Gala Co-Chairs: Andrew B. Albert, Karen Elizabeth Burke, M.D., Ph.D., Jill Taub Drury, G. Pennington Egbert, III, Richard D. Field, Guido Goldman, Ph.D., Stephanie Goldman, Isobel Robins Konecky, John W. Kozyak, Esq., Arlene Levine, Howard D. Morgan, Devon Pastor, Doug Stern.
Sponsors: Thank You to our 2017 Gala Journal Sponsors: Stephen and Marsha Ackerman; Bob Benjamin and Light of Day Foundation; John and Margo Catsimatidis; Drury Design Dynamics; Isobel Konecky; Arlene and Jerome Levine; Stephanie Goldman and the Sol and Lillian Goldman Family; Robin Katsaros; LVMH; Morgan Stanley; PhotoPharmics; Zibby and Jim Tozer; the Field, Pastor, Wilson, Coughlin and Cutler Families. See digital journal here.
James Parkinson Award: Recognizing Professor Heiko Braak, M.D., of the Center for Biomedical Research, University of Ulm, Germany, for his enormous contribution in focusing the science of Parkinson’s on the spread of alpha-synuclein as a major factor in the progression of the disease.
Page and William Black Humanitarian Award: Honoring Robin Anthony Elliott, Retiring CEO Emeritus of the PDF Division of the Parkinson’s Foundation.
Proceeds: Proceeds benefit the Parkinson's Foundation.
Event History: The Annual PDF Gala celebrates the community leaders who advance Parkinson’s science and the philanthropic leaders who make these advances possible with their generous financial support. Previously Bal du Printemps, it was cultivated through the years by the late Page Morton Black, Chairman Emeritus of the PDF Board of Directors.
Past recipients of Awards include:
- Celebrate Spring New York: George Pennington Egbert III, Gregory & Barbara Romero, Jonathan Romero, Missy Egbert Sheehan & William B. Sheehan; Harvest Bistro Event Series: Stephanie Goldman-Pittel, Amy Sole, Doug Stern, Russell Stern; Music for Parkinson’s Research: David J. Eger, Ph.D.; Parkinson’s Support Group of the Mid-Hudson Valley Annual Walk: Nancy Redkey; Summer Challenge Series: Rachel Isenberg – 2016
- The Platinum Society, generous PDF donors whose lifetime contributions exceed $250,000. – 2015
- Lucien Côté, M.D. – 2014
- Arlene and Jerome Levine and Family – 2013
- Isobel Robins Konecky and Family – 2012
- Herbert Pardes, M.D. – 2011
- Margo and John Catsimatidis and Family – 2010
- Robert Benjamin and The Light of Day Foundation – 2010
- Evan and Sandra Stern and Family – 2009
- Mel and Carol Taub and Family – 2008
- Sol and Lillian Goldman and Family – 2007
- Stanley Fahn, M.D. – 2006
- Page Morton Black – 2005
- Lucien Côté, M.D. – 2005
- Alan and Kathy Greenberg – 2004
- John K. Castle – 2003
- Gerald D. Fishbach, M.D. – 2003
- Herbert Pardes, M.D. – 2003
- Paul Greengard, Ph.D. and Avid Carlsson, M.D., Ph.D. – 2002
- Lillian Goldman – 2002
- Eric R. Kandel, M.D. – 2001