Do you want to know more about Parkinson's? PDF's materials provide information about symptoms, medications, resources & more.
Celebrate Parkinsonís Awareness Month!
April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month, the perfect time to spread the word about Parkinson’s disease! Below we share with you some organizations that are selling awareness items or hosting events in honor of Parkinson’s Awareness Month. Remember, attending these events and wearing or using any of these items will help to raise awareness of the disease — a critically important task!
• On Friday, April 13, the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) and The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) for Parkinson’s Research will partner with the New Jersey Nets basketball team to raise funds for, and awareness of, Parkinson’s. Ten dollars from each ticket will go to PDF and MJFF. For more information, contact Rich Larcara at (201) 635-3125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Walkers will once again be poised at the start line for the 13th Annual Parkinson’s Unity Walk in New York City on Saturday, April 28. Join the Walk’s drive to raise funds for Parkinson’s research and awareness of the disease. For details, call (866) 789-9255 or visit www.unitywalk.org.
• The Creativity and Parkinson’s website offers t-shirts designed to identify individuals who not only support family and friends living with Parkinson’s disease, but who also believe in the healing power of creativity. To purchase a Creativity and Parkinson’s t-shirt, visit www.pdcreativity.org.
• The Maine Parkinson Society sells tulip bulbs, tulip pins and tulip note cards. Purchasing any one (or all!) of these items will help raise awareness for Parkinson’s and raise funds for the Maine Parkinson Society. For more information, visit www.maineparkinsonsociety.org/store.pdf.
• Headcovers.com offers the adorable “Parker the Parkinson’s Disease Bear.” Ten percent of the proceeds from Parker’s sale will go to PDF. Visit www.headcovers.com and click on “Awareness” to make your purchase.