Four Star Charity
PDF has been awarded a four star rating by Charity Navigator for its sound fiscal management. Learn more about the award, about PDF's work and ways to contribute to our programs of research, education and advocacy.
PDF is committed to using your funds efficiently to support our mission. To see how your funds are spent, visit our financial information page.
Make a Planned Gift
Planned gifts allow you to combine your charitable giving goals with your estate and financial planning goals. If you are considering leaving a legacy in the Parkinson’s community, there are several gift options to explore.
- Explore the options for planned giving, including: bequests, charitable remainder trust, charitable lead trust and charitable gift annuity.
- Find the best options for you by reading: Giving With Common Sense: A Guide to Planned Giving Opportunities.
- Contact Eddie Pelto, Director of Development (800) 457-6676 or (212) 923-4700 – to discuss your options.
Planned Giving Alert: IRA Charitable Rollover Gifts in Light of Fiscal Cliff Legislation
Part of the new last minute legislation that helped all of us to avoid going over the “fiscal cliff” includes a reinstatement of the popular IRA Charitable Rollover Gift, retroactive to 2012 and through 2013, within certain limitations. This is good news for individuals looking to donate to the Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF) in this way.
Just like before, limitations are:
- You must be at least 70 ½ years old in the year that the gift is credited toward.
- The maximum charitable gift for each year is $100,000 per person.
- The gift must come to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation directly from your IRA.
But here’s something special:
You can still make a gift of up to $100,000 for 2012 directly from your IRA to PDF without negative tax consequence – BUT – if you want your gift to count in 2012 and not result in negative tax consequences, you must make sure the gift to us is completed by your IRA administrator no later than Thursday, January 31, 2013.
Additionally, if you received your 2012 IRA distribution during the month of December 2012, you can still use any part of it, up to $100,000, as a charitable gift to PDF, and it will count as your IRA charitable gift for the 2012 year. Of course IRA gifts made this year can still be applied against your yearly required minimum distribution for 2013.
A Bequest is an opportunity for a donor to create a legacy of donating gifts to charitable causes.
Charitable Remainder Trust
A Charitable Remainder Trust is an opportunity for donors to make a significant future gift to a charity such as PDF.
Charitable Lead Trust
A Charitable Lead Trusts is an opportunity for donors to make a significant contribution in the present.
Charitable Gift Annuity
A Charitable Gift Annuity is an opportunity for donors to make a significant contribution in the present and in the future.
Thank you for your generosity.