Upcoming CEU Opportunities
- PD ExpertBriefing: Diagnosis PD, Now What? Managing the First Few Years with Parkinson’s (Online - Tuesday, March 7)
- PDF Nurse Webinar Series: Nursing Solutions: PD Medication Adherence Challenges (Online - Tuesday, March 28)
- Occupational Therapy: Across the Parkinson’s Disease Continuum (Online - Available Now)
Leader Training Date and Overview
Thank you for your interest in applying to the PD SELF Leader Training. Through this pilot program, PDF is training teams of people with PD and PD professionals to bring the innovative PD SELF program to communities around the US.
PDF's first PD SELF Leader Training took place in May 2016.
- If you are a professional or a person with Parkinson's who is interested in becoming a Team Leader for PD SELF, please contact us at email@example.com to stay abreast of future training opportunities.
- If you are or you know a person with PD who has been diagnosed within the past three years, that person may be eligible to participate in one of our pilot PD SELF programs being led by the first class of Team Leaders. Browse the pilot programs here and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
About PD SELF Leader Training
What should attendees expect? The training will provide a supportive, retreat-like setting, a lively exchange of ideas and discussion about how to address the unique needs of each team and community. Our faculty includes specialists in disciplines such as self-efficacy, psychology, neuro-linguistic programming, facilitation, medicine and self-care.
This unique program not only teaches information and skills, it asks people to tap into their own power to create a personal experience of living with PD. Teams will learn the foundations of self-efficacy (upon which the program is based) and program management, and will learn to facilitate PD SELF in their communities. Teams will receive instruction on how to present topics such as, building the health care team, symptom and medication management, nutrition, exercise and effective communication with health care professionals.
Teams that are selected to attend will have their transportation, lodging and meals covered and must commit to offering the program in their respective PD communities over the next year.
PDF’s SELF Leader Training has been made possible by contributions from the Education Credit Management Corporation Foundation, the ProjectSpark Foundation and Diane and Gary Cook.