Help cheer on our Champions! Support Parkinson's research by attending one of our PDF Champions' events around the country or cheering them on as they run, golf and walk for Parkinson's.
Browse these featured events and search our website calendar for additional listings.
PDF Champion to Cycle for 24 Hours Straight as Part of 5,000-Kilometer Challenge for Parkinson's Research
Kay Scott of Bedford, TX, is going the distance for Parkinson's research. She hopes to cycle more than 200 miles in The Texas Time Trials “Iron Butt” 24-hour race beginning Friday, September 19, to benefit PDF. It is one of several endurance races Ms. Scott is taking on as part of her year-long challenge to honor her father.
Ms. Scott’s father has lived with a form of parkinsonism for more than five years. Inspired by his experience as an avid runner and triathlete, she wanted to challenge herself physically for the cause.
“My dad understands these challenges and misses being an athlete. He completed his last marathon just before his 70th birthday. It has been hard watching him decline. I want my races to mean something greater and to get more focus on diseases like Parkinson’s,” says Ms. Scott.
She hopes to raise $5,000 and complete 5,000 kilometers’ worth of endurance races before the end of October. She has already completed 3,717 kilometers (2,310 miles) in 42 races including ultra marathons, triathlons and endurance bike races, across Texas and throughout the US. See Ms. Scott’s upcoming races to reach her goal below:
- Sunday, September 21, Denison Red River Rampage Triathlon (Denison, TX): 44 kilometers
- Saturday, September 27, Billie Y. Clark Memorial 8-Hour Run from the Ducks (Weatherford, TX): Eight hour run, distance varies
- Saturday, October 4, Clark Gardens Half-Marathon (Weatherford, TX): 21 kilometers
- Sunday, October 5, Tyler Rose Marathon (Tyler, TX): 42 kilometers
- Thursday through Saturday, October 9 to 11, Virginia Triple ANVIL Triathlon (Lake Anna State Park, VA): 679 kilometers
- Sunday, October 19, Monster Triathlon (Keller, TX): 25 kilometers
- Saturday through Sunday, October 25 to 26, 24 The Hard Way (Oklahoma City, OK): 24-hour run, distance varies
Find More PDF Champions Events