Help cheer on our Champions! Support Parkinson's research by attending one of our PDF Champions' events around the country or cheering them on as they run, golf and walk for Parkinson's.
Browse these featured events and search our website calendar for additional listings.
PDF Champion Cycles for 24 Hours Straight as Part of 5,000-Kilometer Challenge for Parkinson's Research
Kay Scott of Bedford, TX, is taking on several endurance races to complete 5,000 kilometers before the end of October as part of her year-long challenge to honor her father, who lives with a form of parkinsonism. She hopes to raise $5,000 for PDF.
“My dad understands these challenges and misses being an athlete. He completed his last marathon just before his 70th birthday. It has been hard watching him decline. I want my races to mean something greater and to get more focus on diseases like Parkinson’s,” says Ms. Scott.
She has already completed 3,717 kilometers (2,310 miles) in 42 races throughout the US including ultra marathons, triathlons and endurance bike races such as the 24-hour Texas Time Trials on September 19. See Ms. Scott’s upcoming races below:
- Saturday, September 27, Billie Y. Clark Memorial 8-Hour Run from the Ducks (Weatherford, TX): Eight hour run, distance varies
- Saturday, October 4, Clark Gardens Half-Marathon (Weatherford, TX): 21 kilometers
- Sunday, October 5, Tyler Rose Marathon (Tyler, TX): 42 kilometers
- Thursday through Saturday, October 9 to 11, Virginia Triple ANVIL Triathlon (Lake Anna State Park, VA): 679 kilometers
- Sunday, October 19, Monster Triathlon (Keller, TX): 25 kilometers
- Saturday through Sunday, October 25 to 26, 24 The Hard Way (Oklahoma City, OK): 24-hour run, distance varies
Find More PDF Champions Events