Do you want to know more about Parkinson's? PDF's materials provide information about symptoms, medications, resources & more.
Come to Washington, DC for the PAN Forum!
- Jan 22 2013
The Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF) has received another important update from the Parkinson's Action Network (PAN) about the upcoming PAN forum in Washington, DC.
The 2013 PAN Forum is just five weeks away and, if you haven't registered yet, we hope you'll do so soon! We've planned a well-rounded, informative line-up of speakers and panels that both new and seasoned advocates will learn from and enjoy.
Every other year, the Parkinson's Action Network (PAN) hosts the PAN Forum, a three-day conference in Washington, DC, bringing together the Parkinson's community from across the nation - people with Parkinson's and their family members and friends, caregivers, Parkinson's disease researchers, doctors, and others.
Here's a little taste of what's in store for PAN Forum attendees in 2013:
- A motivating speech from Davis Phinney, former professional cyclist living with Parkinson's;
- Advocacy training and time to meet other advocates from across the country, and share ideas for how to raise awareness about Parkinson's disease;
- Meeting with your Members of Congress and their staff on Capitol Hill to tell them why Parkinson's disease research funding is so important to you;
- Exciting presentations and panel discussions about the latest work in telemedicine, pre-motor symptoms of Parkinson's, the drug-development pipeline, and how the national Parkinson's disease organizations support you;
- Parkinson's disease researchers presenting their latest work and available for one-on-one conversation at a cocktail reception;
- Keynote address from Christopher P. Austin, M.D. (director of the newly formed National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences at the National Institutes of Health) who will talk about how translational research will get us closer to a cure; and
- The chance to become part of a supportive, exciting community that works together for a common purpose.
The PAN Forum
February 25 - 27, 2013
The Washington Plaza Hotel
We hope to see you at the 2013 PAN Forum! Please feel free to call or email us if you have any questions about the event. You can reach out to Elizabeth Kwasnik at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (800) 850-4726 x111.
If you're ready to register, click here: 2013 PAN Forum Registration.
PAN is the voice of the Parkinson's community in Washington, DC. In fiscal year 2013, PDF is supporting PAN with a grant of $200,000.
Source Date: Jan 22 2013