Do you want to know more about Parkinson's? PDF's materials provide information about symptoms, medications, resources & more.
Help Guide PDF’s Work, Apply to Our Advisory Council by Wednesday, February 1
- Nov 21 2011
Would you like to help guide the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) in its work in the Parkinson’s community? If so, then apply for a spot on our People with Parkinson's Advisory Council (PPAC).
PPAC is an advisory board which provides the perspective of people with Parkinson’s and care partners to PDF’s program development and priority setting. People living with or affected by Parkinson’s are eligible to apply for one three-year term by Wednesday, February 1, 2012.
What is PPAC?
PDF launched the People with Parkinson's Advisory Council (PPAC) in spring 2006 to ensure that the perspective of people living with Parkinson’s is integrated into our program development and priority setting. Its members play a key role in advising our efforts to support the research and ideas that will improve the lives and futures of people touched by Parkinson's.
How Do Members Work with PDF?
Over the past five years, contributions of members of PPAC have been instrumental in developing and implementing many of PDF’s programs. Their activities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving on scientific review committees, for example, the committee that selects which research grants PDF will fund
- Identifying unmet needs in the Parkinson’s community, for example, the need for a centralized information resource that led to the creation of the Parkinson’s Disease Resource List
- Providing input and guidance on programs, such as Parkinson's Awareness Month and Parkinson's Advocates in Research.
- Serving as PDF community ambassadors, liaising between PDF and the Parkinson’s community and representing us at relevant conferences and meetings.
- Participating in formal PPAC meetings four times a year. Three of these meetings occur via conference call and one takes place at the PDF office in New York City in April.
- Working with PDF throughout the year as advisors on specific projects.
How Long is the Term?
PDF is currently soliciting applications from individuals who are interested in serving on PPAC for three years, beginning in 2012 and ending in 2015.
How Do I Apply?
Applications can be submitted online. The deadline for application is Wednesday, February 1, 2012.
If you have questions about the PDF People with Parkinson’s Advisory Council and/or the application criteria and form, please contact Veronica (Ronnie) Todaro, Director of National Programs, at email@example.com or (800) 457-6676.
Source Date: Nov 21 2011