Do you want to know more about Parkinson's? PDF's materials provide information about symptoms, medications, resources & more.
Update: 41 Senators Sign Dear Colleague Supporting FY2012 NIH Funding
- Jun 14 2011
PDF has recieved another important update from the Parkinson's Action Network about funding for the National Institutes of Health.
PAN has let us know that Senators Bob Casey (D-PA) and Richard Burr (R-NC) submitted to the Chairmen and Ranking Members of the Senate Appropriations Committee and Labor-HHS Subcommittee, a Dear Colleague letter supporting FY 2012 funding for NIH. Read below and take action today by asking for support from your Senators or thanking them if they are already on board.
Last week, we asked you to contact your Senators in support of FY2012 funding for the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
On June 14, 2011, Senators Bob Casey (D-PA) and Richard Burr (R-NC) submitted to the Chairmen and Ranking Members of the Senate Appropriations Committee and Labor-HHS Subcommittee, a Dear Colleague letter supporting FY 2012 funding for NIH. Thanks, in part, to the Parkinson's community's advocacy efforts, the final letter included 41 signatures.
- Alaska – Senator Begich
- California – Senators Boxer and Feinstein
- Colorado – Senator M. Udall
- Connecticut – Senator Blumenthal
- Delaware – Senator Coons
- Hawaii – Senator Akaka
- Idaho – Senator Crapo
- Illinois – Senator Durbin
- Louisiana – Senator Landrieu
- Maine – Senators Collins and Snowe
- Maryland – Senators Cardin and Milkulski
- Massachusetts – Senators Brown and Kerry
- Michigan – Senator Levin and Stabenow
- Minnesota – Senators Franken and Klobuchar
- Mississippi – Senator Wicker
- Montana – Senator Tester
- New Hampshire – Senator Shaheen
- New Jersey – Senators Lautenberg and Menendez
- New Mexico – Senators Bingaman and T. Udall
- New York – Senators Gillibrand and Schumer
- North Carolina – Senators Burr and Hagan
- North Dakota – Senator Hoeven
- Oregon – Senators Merkley and Wyden
- Pennsylvania – Senator Casey
- Rhode Island – Senators Reed and Whitehouse
- South Dakota – Senator Johnson
- Vermont – Senator Leahy
- Washington – Senator Cantwell
- West Virginia – Senator Rockefeller
If your Senator(s) signed on, please take a moment to call to say thank you! Talking points follow. If your Senator(s) did not sign on, please consider raising this issue in future communications with their office(s).
Thank your Senator(s) Who Signed on Now!
Call Talking Points:
- As your constituent and as someone with Parkinson's/a member of the Parkinson's community, thank you for signing the Casey/Burr Dear Colleague letter supporting National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding in Fiscal Year 2012.
- I appreciate your support for NIH and its medical research for Parkinson's and other diseases, which gives hope to millions of patients and their families.
- Thank you for your time.
PAN is the voice of the Parkinson's community in Washington, DC. In fiscal year 2012, PDF is supporting PAN with a grant of $200,000.
Source Date: Jun 17 2011
View source URL