Do you want to know more about Parkinson's? PDF's materials provide information about symptoms, medications, resources & more.
Help Guide PDF’s Work, Apply to Our Advisory Council by Monday, January 24
- Nov 23 2010
Do you want to help guide the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) in its work in the Parkinson’s community?
If so, then apply for a spot on our People with Parkinson's Advisory Council (PPAC). PPAC is an advisory board which provides the perspective of people with Parkinson’s and care partners to PDF’s program development and priority setting.
People living with or affected by Parkinson’s are eligible to apply for one three-year term by Monday, January 24, 2011.
What is PPAC?
PDF launched the People with Parkinson's Advisory Council (PPAC) in spring 2006 to ensure that the perspective of people living with Parkinson’s is integrated into our program development and priority setting. Its original members have been instrumental in developing and implementing many of PDF’s programs over the past four years.
How Do Members Work with PDF?
PPAC advises and collaborates with PDF on our research, education and advocacy programs. The activities of PPAC members may include, but are not limited to:
- Serving on scientific review committees, (for example, the committee that selects which research grants PDF will fund)
- Identifying unmet needs in the Parkinson’s community (for example, the need for a centralized information resource that led to the creation of the Parkinson’s Disease Resource List)
- Providing input and guidance on programs, such as our research advocacy initiative and Clinical Research Learning Institute.
- Serving as PDF community ambassadors, liaising between PDF and the Parkinson’s community and representing us at relevant conferences and meetings.
- Participating in formal PPAC meetings four times a year. Three of these meetings occur via conference call and one takes place at the PDF office in New York City in April.
- Working with PDF throughout the year as advisors on specific projects.
How Long is the Term?
PDF is currently soliciting applications from individuals who are interested in serving on PPAC for three years, beginning in January 2011 and ending in December 2014.
How Do I Apply?
Applications can be submitted online. The deadline for application is Monday, January 24, 2011.
If you have questions about the PDF People with Parkinson’s Advisory Council and/or the application criteria and form, please contact Veronica (Ronnie) Todaro, Director of National Programs, at email@example.com or (800) 457-6676.
Source Date: Nov 24 2010