Do you want to know more about Parkinson's? PDF's materials provide information about symptoms, medications, resources & more.
April is Parkinson's Awareness Month: Spread the Word!
- Apr 02 2009
April is Parkinson’s Awareness month. The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) estimates that there are nearly one million people in the United States living with Parkinson’s disease (PD) and 4.1 million people with PD worldwide. This month, how can you help to raise awareness about Parkinson’s?
- Spread the Word: Send personalized Awareness Month eCards to your friends and family to let them know that it's Parkinson's Awareness Month. If you have trouble with the link above, please click here to send an eCard.
- Educate Yourself: Learn the latest facts about symptoms, treatments and more. Browse our Educational Materials and Programs or watch one of our informative PDWebcasts. Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the Expert online or call our helpline at (800) 457-6676. Our staff can answer any questions you may have, or refer you to someone who can.
- Join the Walk: You're invited to the 15th Annual Parkinson’s Unity Walk in New York City on Saturday, April 25! The walk is an inspirational event for the PD community, bringing together people with Parkinson’s, their friends and their families. Use the link above to join our team, the PDF Pacers, or visit the Unity Walk website to create your own.
- Bid to Win: You can win great prizes and contribute to PDF's research programs by bidding on PDF's Online Auction. Auction items include Yankees/Red Sox tickets, weekend getaways to Las Vegas and San Diego, a transatlantic cruise on the Queen Mary 2 and more! The auction closes Tuesday, May 12, 2009, at 10 PM. All proceeds will benefit PDF’s research programs.
- Support the Cure: Make a donation now or learn about other ways that you can contribute to our mission! Many of our generous PDF Champions have raised funds for PDF by running marathons, organizing bake sales, participating in bike rides, and more!
The Parkinson's Disease Foundation is a leading national presence in Parkinson's disease research, education and public advocacy. Since its founding in 1957, PDF has funded over $75 million worth of scientific research in Parkinson's disease, supporting the work of leading scientists throughout the world. Learn more about what PDF is doing to fight Parkinson’s!
Source Date: Apr 02 2009