Upcoming PDF Champions Events
Monday, June 17
Record Launch Party (New York, NY)
Saturday, June 22
Barr-Stalder Golf Outing (Canton, OH)
Saturday, July 6
Vandergraft Five-Mile Swim (Nevis, MN)
Thursday, July 13
Academy 4 Lil' Angels Golf Outing (Macombe, MI)
Saturday, September 14
Stepping Out Walk for Parkinson's (Munster, IL)
Saturday, October 12
Rock n' Roll 10k (Brooklyn, NY)
The Cure Began With Bill & Continues With You
Today, June 6, as we celebrate our founder Bill Black's birthday, we also celebrate YOU for following his lead as a PDF Champion. Read about some of our inspiring PDF Champions – kayakers, bakers, teachers and others – and join them!
Meet Our Champions
In 1957, Bill Black, founder of Chock full o'Nuts, made a donation that began PDF's work to support research to find the cause(s) of and a cure for Parkinson's. Each year since then, it is YOU who has enabled PDF to fund more than $5 million a year in Parkinson's research.
Just this year...
- Second graders in Staten Island, NY led by teacher Deirdre Murphy Cruz, raised $500 with "Pennies for Parkinson's."
- Kate DeWitte, 17, of Washington, CT, raised nearly $5,000 in honor of her dad through bake sales and other efforts!
- Cody Ledsworth, 20, of Muskegon, MI, raised more than $2,700 in honor of his grandmother by kayaking 200 miles along the Muskegon River.
- Jennifer Neathery, 40, of Huntsville, AL, who lives with young onset PD, raised $4,000 over two years by running a marathon and hiking the rim of the Grand Canyon!
- David Eger, Ph.D., of White Plains, NY, a person living with Parkinson's, has returned as a PDF Champion year after year, raising nearly $450,000 through his Music for Parkinson's concerts!
Become A Champion
Do you want to make a difference like these Champions and help us reach our goal of $200,000 by next summer? You can make it happen and we'll help you every step of the way. Whether you want to organize a bake sale, a golf tournament, or run a 10k, the sky is the limit!
P.S. Near Brooklyn, NY? We are forming a team for the sold out Brooklyn Rock 'n' Roll 10k on Saturday October 12!
Donate to Bill Black's Champions Page
You can support any of our Champions with just a click! Donate through today's special Bill Black fundraising page to help us reach our Champions goal of $200,000 by next summer.
Not getting these eblasts? Sign up to receive them in your inbox.
PDF's work in Parkinson's research, education and advocacy is made possible by your contributions. Make a donation today to support our mission. Thank you for your generosity.
If you have or believe you have Parkinson’s disease, then promptly consult a physician and follow your physician’s advice. This email is not a substitute for a physician’s diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease or for a physician’s prescription of drugs, treatment or operations for Parkinson’s.