PDF is committed to using your funds efficiently to support our mission. To see how funds are spent, browse our financial information.
ParkinsonLink: Thank You For Making a Difference in 2012
Thank you! As PDF reflects on this day of thanks, we know that our work in advancing the Parkinson's cause this year is possible only because of your efforts at the grassroots level.
Thank You for Advancing the Cause
In this year-end review, we look at a few of you who have inspired us throughout 2012. PDF says "thank you" to:
- 100 PDF-funded researchers, including the LARGE PD team (Latin American Research Consortium on the Genetics of Parkinson's Disease), who are working to find the causes of and a cure for Parkinson's disease.
- The 12,000 individuals who have contacted PDF's Helpline with questions or who have ordered materials, for themselves, or for their loved ones, patients or community members.
- 10,000 people with PD and care partners, 15,000 nurses and physical therapists, 20 faculty members, nine sponsors, and media partners and CEU partners - who made our online education possible, including six PD ExpertBriefings, a four-part PAIR online course and two professional education courses for health care professionals.
- The thousands of you who improved the community's understanding of Parkinson's during April's Parkinson's Awareness Month, and all year long, by writing letters, creating library displays, hanging posters and designing t-shirts.
- Our 200 PDF Research Advocates, who are working across the country to speed new treatments through the PAIR program. Through conferences, support group meetings, and PAIR Up for PD forums, their message has reached 20,000 people.
- More than 100 PDF Champions around the country, who raised awareness of Parkinson's disease in their local communities and funds for research.
- Almost 100 advisors, including members of our People with Parkinson's Advisory Council, Board of Directors and Scientific Advisory Board, who have guided and improved our work, and helped us to better serve you.
- YOU! It is your support - your donations, words of support, feedback on surveys, posts on Facebook and Twitter - that allow us to come closer to a world without Parkinson's disease.
Thank you to these individuals and thank you, for all you have done to support PDF and the cause this year. Please accept our wishes for a happy and healthy holiday.
Not getting these eblasts? Sign up to receive them in your inbox.
PDF's work in Parkinson's research, education and advocacy is made possible by your contributions. Make a donation today to support our mission. Thank you for your generosity.
If you have or believe you have Parkinson’s disease, then promptly consult a physician and follow your physician’s advice. This email is not a substitute for a physician’s diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease or for a physician’s prescription of drugs, treatment or operations for Parkinson’s.