Do you want to know more about Parkinson's? PDF's materials provide information about symptoms, medications, resources & more.
Parkinson's Awareness Month: Thank you for Participating in Awareness Month!
As Parkinson’s Awareness Month comes to a close, PDF would like to say thank you for the progress you have helped us to make this April. We also recommit ourselves to working every month of the year to not only raise awareness of Parkinson’s, but to fund the best research to understand, treat and one day…cure it.
Parkinson’s Awareness Month Highlights
Our early estimates are in…and we’re still counting. Here’s what the Parkinson’s community accomplished this April:
- PDF, because of your support, raised over $60,000 through the Parkinson’s Awareness Month Challenge. $50,000 of this total was matched by PDF’s Board of Directors for a total of $110,000. Proceeds will fund an additional PD researcher in 2011. We’ll update you soon with a profile of the researcher you funded!
- Over 1,400 of you browsed through the Parkinson’s Awareness Month Toolkit to find tips for raising awareness in your communities.
- 29 out of 50 states, 27 counties and 15 cities (we suspect many more) around the US, and the US Senate officially proclaimed April as Parkinson’s Awareness Month, because of your advocacy efforts.
- Over 1,600 of you wore the Fight to Win t-shirt, designed by the winner of the 2010 Parkinson’s Awareness T-Shirt Contest.
- 200 of you decided to Quilt for Parkinson’s, meaning that a total of 600 quilts will be displayed at the World Parkinson Congress in Glasgow, Scotland in September to show the world the impact of Parkinson’s.
- 1,000 of you became new fans of PDF on Facebook – sharing your tips and stories with members of the Parkinson’s community.
We can’t forget the countless others of you, in communities around the US, that have hosted events, displayed posters in your local community centers and more. These personal stories are filtering in and we would love to hear from you. Please send us your story at email@example.com and it may be featured on our website or be included in the 2011 Parkinson’s Awareness Month Toolkit.
Congratulations on these efforts and thank you for your support this April.
Highlighted Item: Thank you!
Over $60,000 Raised in the “Fund a Researcher” Challenge!
PDF's work in Parkinson's research, education and advocacy is made possible by your contributions. Make a donation today to support our mission. Thank you for your generosity.
If you have or believe you have Parkinson’s disease, then promptly consult a physician and follow your physician’s advice. This email is not a substitute for a physician’s diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease or for a physician’s prescription of drugs, treatment or operations for Parkinson’s.