PDF is committed to using your funds efficiently to support our mission. To see how your funds are spent, visit our financial information page.
More than 30 online seminars are now available for you to view! Topics include: nutrition, legal issues, nonmotor symptoms, medications in the pipeline and more.
Featured Creativity and Parkinson's Artist
View the Gallery:
The Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF) staff is a dedicated team working to serve the Parkinson's community through research, education and advocacy programs.
We sometimes accept applications for other internships on a rolling basis. If you have queries about employment opportunities, please direct your questions to email@example.com. Due to the volume of inquiries that we receive, you may not receive a response.
Senior Development Coordinator of Events
Responsibilities and Principal Function:
The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) is accepting applications for a part-time paid internship (10-15 hours per week) within its development department for Summer 2012.
The events and development intern will be responsible for assisting in the pre-event coordination of our Carnaval event and other projects as assigned. Including the event planning process and event promotion. This will incorporate:
- Assisting in the coordination of mailings and email communications among the event volunteer committees
- Assisting in the coordination of silent auction, including item solicitation and follow up; maintenance of auction log; and creation of auction descriptions.
- Assisting in the promotion of the event, including posting to online calendars and marketing to the local community.
- Assisting with all logistical aspects of events including vendor relations, décor, entertainment, rental equipment, light and audio/visual.
- In addition, the events and development intern will be responsible for assisting with development administrative tasks. This would include: 1) various data clean up projects (and an opportunity to learn basic navigation of Raiser’s Edge) and 2) assistance with scanning documents, photocopying and filing.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written, oral, organizational and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Should be dependable, flexible, resourceful and detail oriented.
- Creative and energetic personality and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, follow-through and meet deadlines effectively.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested parties may send a cover letter and current resume to Kelly Bresnahan, Senior Development Coordinator for Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.