For Media Inquiries, including commentary from our experts, please contact us:
- Phone: (212) 923-4700 ext. 3
- Email: email@example.com
Recent Press Releases
- PDF Comments on BRAIN Initiative: Promising for Scientific Discovery and People with Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation Invites Community to PAIR Up for Parkinson’s Research, Address Inequalities in Research Studies
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation Awards $1.35 Million for Novel Research Projects
PDF is committed to using your funds to support our mission. To see how your funds are spent visit our financial information page.
Stay current on Parkinson's science and programs. Contact us for commentary on breaking science stories, information about Parkinson's and PDF's programs of research, education and advocacy.
How We Can Help
- Expert and Patient Commentary: Covering Parkinson's science? We'll help you interpret it by linking you to our medical advisors and PDF Research Advocates. We also offer early access to our team's interpetation of science news.
- Parkinson's Facts: Need to know Parkinson's statistics and estimated costs? Browse our statistics and call us for more detailed information.
- Press Releases: Learn about PDF's programs of research, education and advocacy along with our signature events, such as the PDF gala, Bal du Printemps and our annual PAIR Up for Parkinson's forums in April.
PDF/Parkinson's at a Glance
- Since its founding in 1957, PDF has dedicated over $96 million to fund the work of leading scientists throughout the world and over $40 million to support national education and advocacy programs.
- Parkinson's disease is chronic and progressive movement disorder, affecting as many as one million people in the United States and seven to 10 people worldwide. The cause is unknown, and although there is presently no cure, there are treatment options such as medication and surgery to manage its symptoms.
The Parkinson's Disease Foundation Press Kit includes information on annual events, biographies, facts about Parkinson's disease and historical information on PDF.
Press Kit Materials
- PDF Today - Current Activity and Historical Timeline
- Information on the Gala Event, Bal du Printemps
- Information on the Celebrate Spring! Event
- General Facts on Parkinson's Disease
- To learn about PDF's latest activities, read PDF Press Releases and Statements.
- Biography of PDF Chairman of the Board Page Morton Black
- Biography of PDF Board of Directors President Lewis P. Rowland, M.D.
- Biography of PDF Scientific Director Stanley Fahn, M.D.
- Biography of PDF Executive Director Robin Elliott