PDF is committed to using your funds efficiently to support our mission. To see how your funds are spent, visit our financial information page.
PDF Press Releases
Help Guide PDF's Work, Apply to Our Advisory Council by Friday, January 31
- Dec 23 2013
Would you like to help guide the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) in its work in the Parkinson’s community? If so, then apply for a spot on our People with Parkinson's Advisory Council (PPAC).
PPAC is an advisory board which provides the perspective of people with Parkinson’s and care partners to PDF’s program development and priority setting. People living with or affected by Parkinson’s are eligible to apply for one three-year term by Friday, January 31, 2014.
What is PPAC?
PDF launched the People with Parkinson's Advisory Council (PPAC) in spring 2006 to ensure that the perspective of people living with Parkinson’s is integrated into our program development and priority setting. Its members play a key role in advising our efforts to support the research and ideas that will improve the lives and futures of people touched by Parkinson's.
How Do Members Work with PDF?
Over the past eight years, contributions of members of PPAC have been instrumental in developing and implementing many of PDF’s programs. Their activities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving on scientific review committees, for example, the committee that selects which research grants PDF will fund
- Identifying unmet needs in the Parkinson’s community, for example, the need for a centralized information resource that led to the creation of the Parkinson’s Disease Resource List
- Providing input and guidance on programs, such as Parkinson's Awareness Month and Parkinson's Advocates in Research.
- Serving as PDF community ambassadors, liaising between PDF and the Parkinson’s community and representing us at relevant conferences and meetings.
- Participating in regular PPAC conference calls and attending two in-person meetings held in New York City.
- Working with PDF throughout the year as advisors on specific projects.
How Long is the Term?
PDF is currently soliciting applications from individuals who are interested in serving on PPAC for three years, beginning in 2014 and ending in 2017.
How Do I Apply?
Applications can be submitted online. The deadline for application is Friday, January 31, 2014.
For additional details about PPAC, download our guidelines here. If you have questions about the PDF People with Parkinson’s Advisory Council and/or the application criteria and form, please contact Veronica (Ronnie) Todaro, Director of National Programs, at email@example.com or (800) 457-6676.
Source Date: Dec 23 2013