PDF is committed to using your funds efficiently to support our mission. To see how funds are spent, browse our financial information.
Keep up with PDF at the World Parkinson Congress in Montreal!
- Sep 27 2013
Next week, the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) is headed to the 3rd World Parkinson Congress (WPC) in Montreal, Canada. We are excited to join more than 3,500 people with Parkinson’s, care partners, scientists, doctors and health professionals.
Here’s how to find us in Montreal or follow happenings online:
- Keep up with PDF Reporters: Each day, more than 50 volunteers (members of the PDF Advisory Council and PDF Research Advocates) will report on WPC happenings at www.pdf.org/blog. Are you on social media? We’ll also be posting news on Facebook (at pdf.org/facebook) and Twitter, using @PDFparkinson and hashtag #wpc2013.
- Help Choose the PDF Community Choice Research Award: PDF is launching this new research award at WPC. Submit your research priority online, at www.pdf.org/communitychoice beginning on Monday, September 30. Once you submit, share your priority with others on Twitter using hashtag #mypdpriority.
Meet us in Montreal:
- Attend the Pre-Congress Course: Join us on Tuesday, October 1 from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM to discuss patient engagement in Parkinson's research.
- Visit our Exhibit: If you’re at WPC, stop by booth #1411 to meet members of the PDF’s People with Parkinson’s Advisory Council, our PDF Research Advocates and staff, and pick up free educational materials. You can also submit your research priority for the PDF Community Choice Research Award at our booth!
- View the Quilt: Visit the beautiful Parkinson’s Quilt, created by 600 people from around the world, which will be displayed around the congress.
- Visit our posters and sessions: PDF-funded researchers, PDF Research Advocates and staff are involved in the WPC program each day. Stay tuned for a schedule coming soon.
PDF helped lay the groundwork for the World Parkinson Coalition in 2004 and is now a WPC 2013 Silver Sponsor. The WPC 2013 has 161 partner Parkinson's organizations from 44 countries.
Source Date: Sep 27 2013