PDF is committed to using your funds efficiently to support our mission. To see how your funds are spent, visit our financial information page.
PDF Press Releases
Fiscal Cliff Legislation Allows IRA Charitable Rollover Gifts Until Thursday, January 31
- Jan 02 2013
Part of the new last minute legislation that helped all of us to avoid going over the “fiscal cliff” includes a reinstatement of the popular IRA Charitable Rollover Gift, retroactive to 2012 and through 2013, within certain limitations. This is good news for individuals looking to donate to the Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF) in this way.
Just like before, limitations are:
- You must be at least 70 ½ years old in the year that the gift is credited toward.
- The maximum charitable gift for each year is $100,000 per person.
- The gift must come to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation directly from your IRA.
But here’s something special:
- You can still make a gift of up to $100,000 for 2012 directly from your IRA to PDF without negative tax consequence – BUT – if you want your gift to count in 2012 and not result in negative tax consequences, you must make sure the gift to us is completed by your IRA administrator no later than Thursday, January 31, 2013.
- Additionally, if you received your 2012 IRA distribution during the month of December 2012, you can still use any part of it, up to $100,000, as a charitable gift to PDF, and it will count as your IRA charitable gift for the 2012 year.
Of course IRA gifts made this year can still be applied against your yearly required minimum distribution for 2013.
PDF is excited by this development since it looked like this convenient way of giving might not be available in the future. Your generous support makes it possible for us to improve the lives and futures of people with Parkinson’s, so we are happy to report that this additional option to make a charitable gift is available again.
Source Date: Jan 02 2013