PDF is committed to using your funds efficiently to support our mission. To see how your funds are spent, visit our financial information page.
Gifts of Securities
PDF’s stock transfer information recently changed, please contact PDF for new instructions for making your gift of securities.
Gifts of securities, including stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, can provide financial benefits to you -- while you support the vital mission of the Parkinson's Disease Foundation.
Even if the value of your securities has decreased, it may be advantageous for you to sell your depreciated securities and make a cash contribution with the proceeds.
- By selling your depreciated securities before making a gift, you can realize the deductible loss of your investment followed by a tax deduction of your charitable amount.
- If the value of donated securities you've held longer than twelve months has increased, you can also realize great tax benefits.
- By making a gift of these appreciated securities, you can avoid paying capital gains taxes on any of the gifted securities while getting a tax deduction equal to the average market value of the securities on the date of the gift.
How to Give Securities:
Our staff can work with you to easily complete your securities transfer. Please be sure to call PDF with your name, contact information and details about your expected stock transfer to ensure that we can confirm your transaction. Then we can help you to:
- Provide transfer information for your broker
- Process your transfer
For more information, contact:
Yasnahia Cortorreal, Vice President, Administration
(800) 457-6676 or (212) 923-4700
Thank you for your generosity.