PAIR: Parkinson's Awareness Day (NY)
- May 10, 2013, 10:00am - 4:00pm
- James J. Peters VAMC, 130 W. Kingsbridge Road, Bronx, NY 10468
James J. Peters VA Medical Center
Join the James J. Peters VA Medical Center as it hosts the Ninth Annual Parkinson's Disease Awareness Day for people living with Parkinson's and their care partners. The free educational symposium will feature a presentation on Getting Involved in Research by PDF's Advocacy Relations Manager, Karlin Schroeder.
Other topics to be presented on by experts in the field include:
- Speech and swallowing issues
- Movement therapy
- Music and dancing
- Preparing for the future: End of life issues
- Changing the brain with exercise in PD
The event is free to attend, but pre-registration is required. Lunch will be provided.
- To Learn More:
For more information or to register, contact Ruth Walker, M.D. at (718) 584-9000 ext. 5915.