PAIR: NIH Workshop on Enrollment and Retention of Participants in Clinical Trials (MD)
- July 25, 2014, 8:15am - 5:45pm
- National Institutes of Health, John Edward Porter Neuroscience Research Center, 35 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Join the NIH for its workshop on the enrollment and retention of participants in NIH-funded clinical trials. It will explore strategies for enhancing enrollment, recruitment and retention of participants in clinical trials. Experts in the field will present on the topics listed in the agenda below.
Veronica Todaro, Vice President, National Programs, at the Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF), will present the session, "Current Challenges in Clinical Trial Participant Enrollment" and discuss PDF's Parkinson's Advocates in Research program.
Agenda topics include:
- Cultural and Social Considerations in Clinical Trial Enrollment and Outreach
- Recruitment and Outreach Considerations for Underrepresented and Vulnerable Populations
- Roles for Public Foundations in Clinical Trial Enrollment and Retention
- Public Private Partnerships to Improve Patient and Public Awareness and Engagement
- Models to Identify and Support Clinical Trial Participants
- Strategies for Tracking and Monitoring Clinical Trial Participation and Post-Trial Communication
Pre-registration is required to attend the free workshop, which is open to the public as long as space allows.
- To Learn More:
For more information and to register visit the NIH's website here.