“My father and my grandmother live with Parkinson’s, which drives me to help other families touched by the disease.”
~Ivory Latta, PDF Champions Ambassador
Parkinson's Advocates in Research
You can influence Parkinson's research. How? By working with Parkinson's Advocates in Research.
Display the Quilt
Display the Parkinson’s Quilt in your community to show the impact of PD on your community.
Are you a child or grandchild of a person with Parkinson's? Are you looking for a good cause for your sorority or fraternity? College campuses are a perfect place to hold PDF Champions events.
April College Campus Challenge
Each April, during Parkinson's Awareness Month, participants in teams of two or more are invited to hold events on campus to raise funds and awareness for Parkinson’s research on any day during the month. There will be two grand prize winners at the end of the campaign:
- one for the most creative fundraising idea
- one for the most funds raised
Join PDF Champions Anytime
We don't just need your help in April, we need it all year long. So consider hosting a PDF Champions college campus event at anytime.
PDF Champions are the inspiring individuals who are raising funds to improve the lives and futures of people touched by Parkinson’s.
PDF and our PDF Champions Ambassador, WNBA star Ivory Latta, invite you to join us by holding your own fundraising events. Big or small, your fundraiser is going to make a difference. $150 dollars answers 15 phone calls on our National HelpLine. $3,000 will fund a Summer Research Fellowship. Whatever type of event you decide on, we'll provide you with the support you need to make it a success.
- You will be connected to one of our staff members who will work with you every step of the way, providing tips, resources and guidance on how to meet your goal.
- You can create a customized web page for your event. Upload pictures, share details of your event, tell others why the Parkinson's cause is important to you, and ask your supporters to donate online.
- We will feature your fundraiser on our events calendar, Facebook page and Twitter feed to ensure that the community knows about your effort.
For more information, contact us at (800) 457-6676, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your generosity!