Upcoming CEU Opportunities
- PD ExpertBriefing: Diagnosis PD, Now What? Managing the First Few Years with Parkinson’s (CEU Deadline - Friday, April 7)
- PD ExpertBriefing: Is It Related to PD? Runny Noses, Skin Changes and Overlooked PD Symptoms (Online - Tuesday, April 18)
- PDF Nurse Webinar Series: Nursing Solutions: PD Medication Adherence Challenges (CEU Deadline - Friday, April 28)
Are you a nurse or health professional working in Parkinson’s?
Learn about the latest innovations in PD care through the PDF Nurse Webinar Series, designed for and by Scholars of The Edmond J. Safra Visiting Nurse Faculty Program at PDF. Scholars of this program represent an innovative network of nurse educators who are working with PDF to advance research, care and nursing education. The series supports their ongoing education and collaboration. Other professionals who share these goals are invited to join the series.
Participants may view webinars live or view recordings afterwards. Through PDF’s sponsorship of the American Society on Aging, continuing education units (CEUs) are available to nurses who participate live or within 30 days of each webinar.
Originally presented on Tuesday, March 28
Moderated by: Gwyn M. Vernon, M.S.N., R.N., C.R.N.P., Co-Founder and National Director of The Edmond J. Safra Visiting Nurse Faculty Program at PDF
Led by: Ju Young Shin, Ph.D., A.P.R.N., A.N.P.-C., Assistant Professor of Nursing at the University of Delaware, Edie Simpson, R.N., C.N.R.N., EJS-VNF Host Coordinator, Muhammad Ali Parkinson’s Center; Joan Gardner, R.N., B.S.N., Clinical Supervisor, Struthers Parkinson’s Center, Park Nicollet Health Services
- Discuss the medication adherence challenges faced by people with PD in the community.
- Acknowledge the medication adherence challenges in the hospitalized person with PD.
- Discuss examples of successful programs established to assist alleviate medication adherence issues.
Are you a health care professional seeking continuing education units? CEUs are provided via PDF’s sponsorship of the American Society on Aging. When registering, be sure to indicate interest in CEUs. Health professionals have 30 days in which to view the live or recorded seminar and apply for CEUs. It may take an additional 30 days to process CEUs.