The Edmond J. Safra Visiting Nurse Faculty Program at PDF offers interactive trainings where nursing educators learn from the best in the field about PD.
The curriculum below is supplemented by 16 clinical hours, attendance at a Parkinson’s disease support group and the development of an independent scholar project to benefit nursing education and/or Parkinson's disease.
- Introduction to epidemiology, signs, symptoms, presentation and progression of Parkinson’s disease and the chronic care model.
- Nursing care of a person with PD and family from early through advanced disease.
- Medical management of Parkinson’s disease.
- Surgical management of Parkinson’s disease.
- Basic, clinical and nursing research in Parkinson’s disease.
- Resources for a person with PD and the family.
- Role of the multidisciplinary team and rehabilitation strategies in PD.
This activity has been submitted to the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses for approval to award contact hours. The American Association of Neuroscience Nurses is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.