National Family Caregivers Month
This November, PDF Honors Care Partners Making a Difference in the Lives of People with Parkinson's
November is National Family Caregivers Month. As you know, care partners and family members of people with Parkinson’s disease often take on tasks such as coordinating doctor visits, managing financial matters, and helping with personal needs. Many care partners and families also get involved in the fight against the disease. PDF is committed to supporting care partners and families.
Here's how to make a difference in your own life or that of a care partner:
- Join our annual PD ExpertBriefing in recognition of National Family Caregivers Month, on Tuesday, November 20 at 1:00 PM ET. The seminar, “Caregiving and Parkinson’s” led by Ms. Carter, will be available live and as a recording on PDF’s website. Additional promotion is provided through PDF’s media partner National Family Caregivers Association. Learn more here.
- Call PDF’s National HelpLine to speak live with an Information Specialist who can provide a sympathetic ear, answer questions about Parkinson’s, and refer you to local Parkinson’s specialists, support groups and resources. The HelpLine is available at (800) 457-6676 from Monday to Friday, 9 AM ET – 5 PM ET or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get your family involved in the cause with the support of PDF. Whether you want to raise awareness, raise funds, or speed treatments, PDF will provide the tools to help you make a difference. For example, to get involved in the PAIR program with Mr. and Mrs. Chard, simply visit www.pdf.org/pair to take our free online course any time of day that is convenient for you.
- Pay tribute to a care partner in your life by sending a free inspirational eCard designed by a member of PDF’s Creativity and Parkinson’s Project
- Order our free publications to ensure you are prepared for any situation with PD. For example, the Parkinson’s Disease Resource List includes a special section for care partners.